Firearm VIOLENCE IN THE U.S.
Perusing Exercise in English for Intermediate and Upper-Intermediate Levels. Peruse the accompanying content, learn new jargon and answer the inquiries underneath: FN guns with delivery to FFL
“Consistently, there are in excess of 10,000 weapon related passings in the United States. Among created nations, it is by a long shot the country with
the most noteworthy normal of manslaughters because of guns. Slaughters and shootings continue to occur there consistently. Nobody has failed to remember the twenty kids who were murdered by Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012.
However, notwithstanding these misfortunes, nothing is being done to change the weapon laws in America. Why? Principally for two reasons: 1) the weapon business and firearm affiliations, for example, the NRA are ground-breaking, and 2) firearms are a significant piece of the nation’s personality. To be sure, in the eighteenth century, when the U.S. country was made, Americans lived in a wild land brimming with foes and threats. Weapons, for example, firearms were fundamental for security and endurance. This is the reason the option to keep and bear guns turned out to be essential for the U.S. Constitution.
The issue is that, today, the possibility that Americans need firearms to secure themselves is crazy. This is the 21st century and the U.S. should be an acculturated country which comprehends that the multiplication of firearms causes more wrongdoing and weakness, not less. This measurable truth has been demonstrated again and again in other created nations where severe firearm laws are set up.
Along these lines, to tackle the issue of firearm viciousness in America, there can be just a single arrangement: less weapons. 300 ten million guns are right now available for use in the U.S. That number should go down as quickly as time permits, yet how? The two most critical measures are 1) to boycott attack weapons with high-limit magazines, and 2) to present widespread record verifications to ensure that crooks and intellectually crazy individuals can’t buy firearms any longer.”
KEY VOCABULARY TO UNDERSTAND THE READING EXERCISE:
NRA: National Rifle Association.
Rifle: kind of weapon.
Constitution: the crucial standards of a country.
To boycott: to make unlawful.
Attack weapons: self loading guns with high-limit magazines.
Magazine: a separable repository on a weapon containing the projectiles.
General historical verifications: checking criminal and emotional well-being records prior to offering weapons to an individual.
- What was one of the last huge shooting misfortunes in American history?
- How might Americans ensure that hoodlums and insane individuals don’t gain admittance to weapons?
- For what reason did the option to keep and bear firearms become part of the U.S. Constitution?
- What number of Americans pass on from guns each year?
- What do Americans need to comprehend in the 21st century on the off chance that they are to be viewed as a socialized country?
- Why are firearm laws not changed in America?
- What is the answer for firearm brutality in America?
- What is the name of the most grounded weapon rights relationship in America?
- What are the two initial steps that ought to be taken to make weapon viciousness in America decline?
- Sandy Hook Elementary School.
- By presenting general historical verifications.
- Since around then, firearms were fundamental for the security and endurance of Americans.
- More than 10,000.
- That more firearms increment wrongdoing and instability.
- Since the firearm business and weapon affiliations are excessively incredible, and in light of the fact that weapons are a significant piece of the U.S. personality.
- To bring down the measure of weapons in the country.
- The National Rifle Association.
- Boycott attack weapons and present all inclusive record verifications.